Welcome to EyeWikiTM, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons.
EyeWiki is an ophthalmic wiki where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view an eye encyclopedia written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki and post it immediately. For content guidelines and more information see About EyeWiki and Getting Started. EyeWiki is a collaboration between the American Academy of Ophthalmology and these societies.
International Ophthalmologist Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the 2015 EyeWiki International Ophthalmologist Contest. The four winners will receive their choice of the Academy’s Basic and Clinical Science Course (BCSC) Complete Set eBook series or a two-year subscription to Focal Points Digital.
- João Barbosa-Breda, MD, Centro Hospitalar São João, Porto, Portugal: Nanophthalmos
- Namrata Bhuta, MD, B.J. Government Medical College and Sassoon General Hospital, Pune, India: Ocular Anesthesia
- Hugo R. Salcedo, MD, Instituto de Ciencias de la Visión, Hospital Doctor Rodolfo Robles Valverde, Guatemala City, Guatemala: Vogt-Koyanagi-Harada Disease
- Hussain Syed Faraaz Shahzad, MD, BYL Nair Hospital and TNMC, Mumbai, India: Biometry for Intra-Ocular Lens (IOL) power calculation
Residents and Fellows-in-Training Contest Winners
Congratulations to the winners of the 2014 EyeWiki Residents and Fellows-in-Training Contest. The four winners have won all-expenses-paid trips to the 2015 Mid-Year Forum in Washington, D.C. for their outstanding contributions to EyeWiki.
- Rahul S. Tonk, MD, MBA, Albany Medical College: Blepharitis
- Sarah H. Van Tassel, MD, Weill Cornell Medical College: Optic Disc Hemorrhage
- Margaret L. Pfeiffer, MD, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston: Enucleation
- Aniruddha Agarwal, MD, Stanley M. Truhlsen Eye Institute, University of Nebraska Medical Center: Retinal Vasculitis
- EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- To create an account for contributing to EyeWiki, please visit the getting started page. Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Note from the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Don't forget to familiarize yourself with the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Jennifer I Lim MD
- Past Editor-in-Chief
- Marcus Marcet, M.D.