Welcome to EyeWiki
The Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons
EyeWiki is where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view articles written by ophthalmologists, covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki.
Featured Article for November 14, 2021
Pentosan polysulfate sodium (PPS) is the only FDA approved oral medication for the treatment of interstitial cystitis (IC). It has been used extensively to treat IC since its approval in 1996. Several recent studies have described a unique, progressive maculopathy associated in a dose-dependent manner with long term use of the medication. It often causes symptoms of prolonged dark adaptation and nyctalopia and may cause blurred vision.
- Access EyeWiki on the new AAO Ophthalmic Education App.
- Academy CEO, David Parke, MD, presents a perspective in EyeNet: EyeWiki, Do you Wiki?
- 2021 Residents and Fellows Contest is now open. U.S. residents and fellows can take advantage of a phenomenal online publishing opportunity and win an all-expenses-paid trip to the Academy’s Mid-Year Forum in Washington, DC. Submit by Dec. 1 (midnight, Pacific Time) for a chance to attend the Mid-Year Forum 2022.
- 2022 Best Article Revision Contest is now open. EyeWiki is introducing a new contest to recognize the impact our community makes in improving articles published on the site. Author a significant revision to any article on EyeWiki by midnight (Pacific Time), March 1, 2022, for a chance to win an assortment of prizes from the American Academy of Ophthalmology store.
- 2022 International Ophthalmologists contest is now open. Contribute to EyeWiki before June 2, 2022, for a chance to win online products from the Academy.
- Former EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Jennifer I Lim MD
- Past Editor-in-Chief
- Marcus Marcet, M.D.