Welcome to EyeWiki
The Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons
EyeWiki is where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view articles written by ophthalmologists, covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki.
Featured Article for July 31, 2021
Primary congenital glaucoma (PCG) is a rare disease due to genetically-determined abnormalities in the trabecular meshwork and anterior chamber angle resulting in elevated intraocular pressure (IOP), without other ocular or systemic developmental anomalies. Other terms have been used previously to describe this entity, including trabeculodysgenesis, goniodysgenesis and primary infantile glaucoma, however the term PCG replaces these in the 2013 International Classification of Childhood Glaucoma.
- Access EyeWiki on the new AAO Ophthalmic Education App.
- Academy CEO, David Parke, MD, presents a perspective in EyeNet: EyeWiki, Do you Wiki?
- 2021 Residents and Fellows Contest is now open. U.S. residents and fellows can take advantage of a phenomenal online publishing opportunity and win an all-expenses-paid trip to the Academy’s Mid-Year Forum in Washington, DC. Submit by Dec. 1 (midnight, Pacific Time) for a chance to attend the Mid-Year Forum 2022.
- 2022 International Ophthalmologists contest is now open. Contribute to EyeWiki before June 2, 2022, for a chance to win online products from the Academy. Winners will also be considered for presenting their work at the AAO Annual Meeting.
- Former EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Jennifer I Lim MD
- Past Editor-in-Chief
- Marcus Marcet, M.D.