Welcome to EyeWiki, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons
EyeWiki is where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view articles written by ophthalmologists, covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki.
Featured Article for July 15, 2019
[[Excerpt::The triangle sign is an observation seen in patients with Morgagnian cataract with resorbed cortex. This finding is named because of the triangular space formed by the anterior and posterior lens capsule and the nucleus below.
This sign is commonly seen in patients of Morgagnian cataract with resorbed cortex. It has been suggested that the process of cortical fibre dissolution occur at a higher rate as well as en masse in Morgagnian cataract.]
- Access EyeWiki on the new AAO Ophthalmic Education App.
- Join us for EyeWiki Live in San Francisco at AAO 2019 where select articles will be presented on Monday Oct., 14th, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. in the Learning Lounge.
- Academy CEO, David Parke, MD, presents a perspective in EyeNet: EyeWiki, Do you Wiki?
- 2019 Residents and Fellows Contest is now open. U.S. residents and fellows can take advantage of a phenomenal online publishing opportunity and win an all-expenses-paid trip to the Academy’s Mid-Year Forum in Washington, DC. Submit by Dec. 1 (midnight, Pacific Time) for a chance to attend the 2020 Mid-Year Forum
- 2020 International Ophthalmologists contest now open. Contribute to EyeWiki before June 2, 2020, for a chance to win online products from the Academy.
- Former EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- Getting Started
- Rich Text Editor User's Guide
- Sign up for an account to contribute to EyeWiki
- Content guidelines and more information
- Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Read the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
- View Section Portal pages.
Section Lead Editors
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Alpa S. Patel, M.D.
- Cornea/External Disease
- Vatinee Bunya, MD
- Ahmad A. Aref, MD
- Andrew Go Lee, MD
- Ocular Trauma
- Anna Murchison, MD, MPH
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Matthew W. Wilson, MD, FACS
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Monte A Del Monte, MD
- Refractive Management/Intervention
- Majid Moshirfar, M.D.
- Jennifer I Lim MD
- Alan Palestine, MD