Dear EyeWiki Editors,
In the past month, the site was viewed a total of 1,068,683 times. Since January 1, 2021 we have added 192 new articles. We have also collectively edited 1202 articles since the start of the year out of our current 1272 articles.
Join EyeWiki on Social Media: Help EyeWiki build a social media presence by following EyeWiki on Twitter @eyewiki and Facebook and by tweeting or retweeting EyeWiki posts. If you tweet from your own account please use #EyeWiki. If you would like to write posts for the EyeWiki account contact your section lead editor or firstname.lastname@example.org. We would welcome your assistance.
Tip of the Month: What is the User Page?
- The primary purpose of the user page is to describe who you are the others in the community.
- Instead of listing affiliations and disclosers on each article, these items are included on your user page.
- To edit your user page:
- Click on your user name at the top right hand side of any page (next to the "Talk" icon)
- Choose the "Edit with Form" link
- Note: There is a free text area to add more information
- If you want to add your photo, first upload your image file to Eyewiki, then use the "Edit" link and choose "Insert."
Find other great tips in the Getting Started link.
Each section is now being asked to keep a minimum of 60% of their articles up to date. As you know articles on EyeWiki need to be reviewed every 6 months by an EyeWiki editor; after 6 months the article is tagged as "update pending" meaning an editor needs to check to see that the article is still current and that any changes made by the community are appropriate. Section statistics can be found in each of your Portals. As a bonus any section that is over 80% will be featured on social media. Please help maintain EyeWiki by keeping your assigned articles up to date.
Find Your Article Assignments
- Log in and go to the My Portal link at the top of the page next to "Recent Changes"
- This link leads directly to your section's Portal page
- To find your own article assignments, sort by “Assigned Editor (portal member)” or use the filter
- Review the Quick-Start Guide for Editors for helpful tips. For easy reference, this guide is also linked to each section Portal page.
When you complete an article review go to Edit with Form at the top of the article and change:
- The date to be current
- The status to Up to Date
- The reviewer name to your own
EyeWiki Contests: Three contests are currently open, please encourage others to enter.
- 2021 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest enter by December 1, 2021.
- 2022 Best Article Revision Contest enter by March 1, 2022.
- 2022 International Contest enter by June 1, 2022.
Our Top 3 Most Viewed Articles for November 2021
About the Oculoplastics/Orbit section:
The Oculoplastics/Orbit section has 0 articles that have not been assigned status (see portal). There are also 34 articles in this section that need to be updated. As editors, you are responsible for assigning status to articles and updating articles. We are asking you to access your portal and address these outstanding issues ASAP.
If you have questions about editing EyeWiki, your role, or suggestions for the site, please contact your section lead editor, Michael T Yen, MD, or the EyeWiki editors Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS and Jennifer I Lim MD.
Thank you again for your dedication to the spread of ophthalmic knowledge via EyeWiki.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Jennifer I. Lim, MD
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Dan Mummert
- Director, Online Education