EyeWiki:Main Page New
Welcome to EyeWikiTM, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons.
EyeWiki is an ophthalmic wiki where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view an eye encyclopedia written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki and post it immediately. For content guidelines and more information see About EyeWiki and Getting Started. EyeWiki is a collaboration between the American Academy of Ophthalmology and these societies.
Featured Article for December 31, 2020
Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is a non-invasive imaging technique which uses reflected light to create high resolution, two or three dimensional representation of retinal architecture. Measurement of the various retinal layers allows for objective, quantitative assessment of structural damage in the visual pathway. OCT has therefore emerged as a non-invasive and relatively inexpensive technique for capturing loss of central nervous system axons and neurons. Because of these advantages, OCT is now being explored as a potential tool to identify retinal changes in patients early in the course of NDDs, and to allow quantifiable, objective monitoring of axonal and neuronal loss with disease progression.
- EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- To create an account for contributing to EyeWiki, please visit the getting started page. Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Note from the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Don't forget to familiarize yourself with the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Jennifer I Lim MD
- Past Editor-in-Chief
- Marcus Marcet, M.D.
Section Lead Editors
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Alpa S. Patel, M.D.
- Cornea/External Disease
- Vatinee Bunya, MD
- Ahmad A. Aref, MD, MBA
- Nagham Al-Zubidi, MD
- Ocular Trauma
- Anna Murchison, MD, MPH
- Michael T Yen, MD
- Matthew W. Wilson, MD, FACS
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- S. Grace Prakalapakorn, MD, MPH
- Refractive Management/Intervention
- Alaa Eldanasoury, MD
- Neelakshi Bhagat, MD, MPH, FACS
- Alan Palestine, MD