EyeWiki:Main Page New
Welcome to EyeWikiTM, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons.
EyeWiki is an ophthalmic wiki where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view an eye encyclopedia written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki and post it immediately. For content guidelines and more information see About EyeWiki and Getting Started. EyeWiki is a collaboration between the American Academy of Ophthalmology and these societies.
Featured Article for September 14, 2020
Actinic keratoses are a premalignant squamous lesions. They may appear clinically as a erythematous, scaly macules or papules. Lesions typically present in middle aged or elderly patients. Sun exposed areas are most commonly affected. Squamous cell carcinoma may develop from preexisting actinic keratoses. Thus, biosy of suspected lesions and long term follow-up are necessary in patients with this condition. The risk of subsequent metastastatic dissemination is very low (0.5-3.0%).
- EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- To create an account for contributing to EyeWiki, please visit the getting started page. Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Note from the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Don't forget to familiarize yourself with the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.
Section Lead Editors
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Alpa S. Patel, M.D.
- Cornea/External Disease
- Vatinee Bunya, MD
- Ahmad A. Aref, MD, MBA
- Andrew Go Lee, MD
- Ocular Trauma
- Anna Murchison, MD, MPH
- Michael T Yen, MD
- Matthew W. Wilson, MD, FACS
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Monte A Del Monte, MD
- Refractive Management/Intervention
- Alaa Eldanasoury, MD
- Jennifer I Lim MD
- Alan Palestine, MD