Dear EyeWiki Editors,
In the past month, the site was viewed a total of 995,213 times. Since January 1, 2021 we have added 170 new articles. We have also collectively edited 1170 articles since the start of the year out of our current 1256 articles.
EyeWiki is Now on Twitter: Section lead editors have been asked to submit one or more tweets monthly. If you would like to write tweets for EyeWiki contact your section lead editor or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are on Twitter please follow @eyewiki and retweet posts from EyeWiki to support building a social media presence.
Each section is now being asked to keep a minimum of 60% of their articles up to date. As you know articles on EyeWiki need to be reviewed every 6 months by an EyeWiki editor; after 6 months the article is tagged as "update pending" meaning an editor needs to check to see that the article is still current and that any changes made by the community are appropriate. Section statistics can be found in each of your Portals. As a bonus any section that is over 80% will be featured on Twitter. Please help maintain EyeWiki by keeping your assigned articles up to date.
Tip of the Month: Using the Watchlist
- After logging you can find a link to your Watchlist at the top right hand side of any page. (Between Preference and Contributions)
- When you edit or make changes to an article the article is automatically added to your Watchlist.
- When changes are made to an article on your Watchlist you will receive an email notification to assist you in monitoring your assigned articles.
- To edit your Watchlist:
- Click on the Watch list link
- Go to Edit your list of watched pages
- To change email notifications, go to Preferences, User Profile, Email Options.
Find other great tips in the Getting Started link.
Find Your Article Assignments
- Log in and go to the My Portal link at the top of the page next to "Recent Changes"
- This link leads directly to your section's Portal page
- To find your own article assignments, sort by “Assigned Editor (portal member)” or use the filter
- Review the Quick-Start Guide for Editors for helpful tips. For easy reference, this guide is also linked to each section Portal page.
When you complete an article review go to Edit with Form at the top of the article and change:
- The date to be current
- The status to Up to Date
- The reviewer name to your own
EyeWiki Contests: Three contests are currently open, please encourage others to enter.
- 2021 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest enter by December 1, 2021.
- 2022 Best Article Revision Contest enter by March 1, 2022.
- 2022 International Contest enter by June 1, 2022.
Our Top 3 Most Viewed Articles for September 2021
About the Cataract/Anterior Segment section:
The Cataract/Anterior Segment section has 0 articles that have not been assigned status (see portal). There are also 38 articles in this section that need to be updated. As editors, you are responsible for assigning status to articles and updating articles. We are asking you to access your portal and address these outstanding issues ASAP.
Remember, the high priority topics for our section are: none found
If you have questions about editing EyeWiki, your role, or suggestions for the site, please contact your section lead editor, Alpa S. Patel, M.D., or the EyeWiki editors Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS and Jennifer I Lim MD.
Thank you again for your dedication to the spread of ophthalmic knowledge via EyeWiki.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Jennifer I. Lim, MD
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Dan Mummert
- Director, Online Education
Subject of the message (also used as the edit summary):
Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:
Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).