Dear EyeWiki Editors,
In the past month, the site was viewed a total of 928,750 times. Since January 1, 2021 we have added 54 new articles. We have also collectively edited 728 articles since the start of the year out of our current 1152 articles.
2021 International Contest: Now is the time to remind your international colleagues to enter the 2021 International Contest. Winners receive complimentary access to select Academy products as well as recognition as contest winners in a variety of publications. Section lead editors serve as judges for the articles entered into the contest and cannot be a co-author on any entry.
Tip of the Month: How to add images
- First upload your image file using the "upload" link in the blue menu bar at the bottom of any EyeWiki page.
- Find other great tips in the Getting Started tab
To find your article assignments:
- Log in and go to the My Portal link at the top of the page next to "Recent Changes"
- This link leads directly to your section's Portal page
- To find your own article assignments, sort by “Assigned Editor (portal member)” or use the filter
- Review the Quick-Start Guide for Editors for helpful tips. For easy reference, this guide is also linked to each section Portal page.
When you complete an article review go to Edit with Form at the top of the article and change:
- The date to be current
- The status to Up to Date
- The reviewer name to your own
EyeWiki Contests: Two contests are currently open, please encourage residents and fellows to enter as well as international ophthalmologists you may know.
- 2021 International Contest enter by June 1, 2021.
- 2021 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest enter by December 1, 2021.
Winners 2020 Residents and Fellows Contest:
- Robin K. Kuriakose, MD: Loma Linda University Eye Institute, Incision Construction
- Jacquelyn Laplant, MD: St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and UTHSC Ophthalmology, Carotid Cavernous Fistula
- Minh T. Nguyen, MD: University of Washington, Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Karen M. Wai, MD: Massachusetts Eye and Ear, Medial Canthal Tendon Avulsion
Our Top 3 Most Viewed Articles for March 2021
About the Cataract/Anterior Segment section:
The Cataract/Anterior Segment section has 0 articles that have not been assigned status (see portal). There are also 82 articles in this section that need to be updated. As editors, you are responsible for assigning status to articles and updating articles. We are asking you to access your portal and address these outstanding issues ASAP.
Remember, the high priority topics for our section are: none found
If you have questions about editing EyeWiki, your role, or suggestions for the site, please contact your section lead editor, Alpa S. Patel, M.D., or the EyeWiki editors Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS and Jennifer I Lim MD.
Thank you again for your dedication to the spread of ophthalmic knowledge via EyeWiki.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Jennifer I. Lim, MD
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Dan Mummert
- Director, Online Education
Subject of the message (also used as the edit summary):
Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:
Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).