Dear EyeWiki Editors,
In the past month, the site was viewed a total of 810,544 times. Since January 1, 2021 we have added 121 new articles. We have also collectively edited 1046 articles since the start of the year out of our current 1214 articles.
Social Media for EyeWiki: Cat Burkat, Editor-in-Chief and Jenny Lim, Deputy Editor-in-Chief are working on a plans to launch an EyeWiki Twitter account. If you are experienced with Twitter or if you have an interest in writing tweets for EyeWiki, please let us know. We also invite you to follow EyeWiki on Facebook.
Tip of the Month: Add a gallery of images to feature disease progression.
- Upload images and captions to EyeWiki
- In the article select the visual editor (Edit link), and then go to:
- Insert, More, choose Gallery and select images
- Find more detailed instructions and other great tips in the Getting Started link.
Example: Neurotrophic Keratitis
Find Your Article Assignments
- Log in and go to the My Portal link at the top of the page next to "Recent Changes"
- This link leads directly to your section's Portal page
- To find your own article assignments, sort by “Assigned Editor (portal member)” or use the filter
- Review the Quick-Start Guide for Editors for helpful tips. For easy reference, this guide is also linked to each section Portal page.
When you complete an article review go to Edit with Form at the top of the article and change:
- The date to be current
- The status to Up to Date
- The reviewer name to your own
EyeWiki Contests: Two contests are currently open, please encourage residents and fellows to enter as well as international ophthalmologists you may know.
- 2021 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest enter by December 1, 2021.
- 2022 International Contest enter by June 1, 2022.
Our Top 3 Most Viewed Articles for July 2021
About the Cataract/Anterior Segment section:
The Cataract/Anterior Segment section has 0 articles that have not been assigned status (see portal). There are also 83 articles in this section that need to be updated. As editors, you are responsible for assigning status to articles and updating articles. We are asking you to access your portal and address these outstanding issues ASAP.
Remember, the high priority topics for our section are: none found
If you have questions about editing EyeWiki, your role, or suggestions for the site, please contact your section lead editor, Alpa S. Patel, M.D., or the EyeWiki editors Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS and Jennifer I Lim MD.
Thank you again for your dedication to the spread of ophthalmic knowledge via EyeWiki.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Jennifer I. Lim, MD
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Dan Mummert
- Director, Online Education
Subject of the message (also used as the edit summary):
Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:Body of the message:
Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).Use the form below to send messages to a specified list. All fields are required (more information).