Assigned editor status
|Article status||Date reviewed|
|Angle Recession Glaucoma||Up to Date||11 June 2021|
|Chorioretinitis Sclopetaria||Up to Date||16 June 2021|
|Ocular Penetrating and Perforating Injuries||Up to Date||22 July 2021|
|Purtscher Retinopathy and Purtscher-like Retinopathy||Up to Date||7 August 2021|
|Scleral Fixated Intraocular Lens||Update Pending||15 March 2021|
|Traumatic Glaucoma||Up to Date||6 April 2021|
|Traumatic Iritis||Up to Date||13 April 2021|
|Vitreous Hemorrhage||Up to Date||7 August 2021|
- Ocular Trauma (Main editor: Anna.Murchison, Editor: James.Auran, Brett.davies, Zeba.syed, Grant.Justin, Fasika.Woreta)
Ocular Trauma: June EyeWiki Update
Dear EyeWiki Editors,
In the past month, the site was viewed a total of 968,584 times. Since January 1, 2021 we have added 162 new articles. We have also collectively edited 1145 articles since the start of the year out of our current 1253 articles.
EyeWiki Twitter Launching Soon: Follow @eyewiki
NEW EyeWiki Contest for Best Article Revision
EyeWiki is introducing a new contest to support the collaborative spirit of EyeWiki, which depends on the ophthalmic community to collectively edit and continually improve the site. Any ophthalmologist with an EyeWiki account may enter by revising and updating an existing article by March 1, 2022.
Tip of the Month: Send an email to another EyeWiki user through the EyeWiki platform
- Click on the registered community member's blue highlighted name to access their user page (Names in red are not registered on EyeWiki)
- At the bottom of their user page check the blue menu bar for "Email this user"
- If this option is present you may use it to send them an email through EyeWiki
- If the link is not present, the user has not enabled email from other EyeWiki users
- Make sure you have allowed other EyeWiki users to contact you
- Go to "Preferences" - top right side of the Main EyeWiki Page
- Scroll to Email options at the bottom of the page
- Check: Allow other users to email me
Find other great tips in the Getting Started link.
Find Your Article Assignments
- Log in and go to the My Portal link at the top of the page next to "Recent Changes"
- This link leads directly to your section's Portal page
- To find your own article assignments, sort by “Assigned Editor (portal member)” or use the filter
- Review the Quick-Start Guide for Editors for helpful tips. For easy reference, this guide is also linked to each section Portal page.
When you complete an article review go to Edit with Form at the top of the article and change:
- The date to be current
- The status to Up to Date
- The reviewer name to your own
EyeWiki Contests: Three contests are currently open, please encourage others to enter.
- 2021 U.S. Residents & Fellows Contest enter by December 1, 2021.
- 2022 Best Article Revision Contest enter by March 1, 2022.
- 2022 International Contest enter by June 1, 2022.
Our Top 3 Most Viewed Articles for August 2021
About the Ocular Trauma section:
The Ocular Trauma section has 0 articles that have not been assigned status (see portal). There are also 11 articles in this section that need to be updated. As editors, you are responsible for assigning status to articles and updating articles. We are asking you to access your portal and address these outstanding issues ASAP.
Remember, the high priority topics for our section are: Traumatic Motor Neuropathies (Third, Fourth, Sixth), Traumatic Horner Syndrome, Sedation for ER Ophthalmic Evaluation, Lefort Fractures, Optic Nerve Head Avulsion
If you have questions about editing EyeWiki, your role, or suggestions for the site, please contact your section lead editor, Anna Murchison, MD, MPH, or the EyeWiki editors Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS and Jennifer I Lim MD.
Thank you again for your dedication to the spread of ophthalmic knowledge via EyeWiki.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Jennifer I. Lim, MD
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Dan Mummert
- Director, Online Education