Best Article Revision Contest
EyeWiki is introducing a new contest to recognize the impact our community makes in improving articles published on the site.
Author a significant revision to any article on EyeWiki by midnight (Pacific Time), March 1, 2022, for a chance to win the EyeWiki Best Article Revision Contest and an assortment of prizes from the American Academy of Ophthalmology store.
If you are an ophthalmologist with an existing EyeWiki account, the Academy encourages you to contribute to EyeWiki by revising and updating an existing article that has previously been reviewed by an EyeWiki editor. Your work will help improve EyeWiki and support the collaborative spirit of EyeWiki, which depends on the ophthalmic community to collectively edit and continually improve the site. Qualifying entries will be considered for 1 of 4 prizes.
How to Enter
Update an existing EyeWiki article between March 2, 2021, and March 1, 2022. When you have finished your revisions, add your entry to this discussion page to compete in any of the following 4 areas:
- Cataract/Refractive Surgery/Cornea/Anterior Segment
Rules and Restrictions
- Entrants must be an ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist-in-training with a valid EyeWiki account.
- Only revisions made between March 2, 2021, and March 1, 2022, as logged in the article's History page and matching the entrant's username will be considered.
- Eligible articles are those which have been reviewed at least once by an EyeWiki section editor. Check the name in the “Reviewed by” field, which should display a sections editor’s name.
- Entrants may submit as many articles as they like, and the same article may be submitted to the contest by more than one entrant for each revision.
- At least 25% of the article text should be improved and references updated. The addition of media--images, videos, or other rich content--is highly encouraged.
- EyeWiki editors are not eligible to participate.
Important Elements to Consider in Your Revision
- The value of changes to the article for the purpose of clarifying and/or updating the information
- Overall accuracy, currency, and completeness of the content
- Quality of the writing and organization
- Addition or updating of references
- Use of EyeWiki formatting: Layout, placement of media (images or video), hyperlinks, and heading styles where appropriate
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org