EyeWiki:Main Page New
Welcome to EyeWikiTM, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons.
EyeWiki is an ophthalmic wiki where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view an eye encyclopedia written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki and post it immediately. For content guidelines and more information see About EyeWiki and Getting Started. EyeWiki is a collaboration between the American Academy of Ophthalmology and these societies.
Featured Article for December 15, 2018
Onchocerciasis, otherwise known as “African River Blindness,” is a filarial infection caused by the nematode Onchocerca volvulus that can lead to visual morbidity via multiple mechanisms including chorioretinitis, uveitis, and sclerosing keratitis. It is manifest systemically but is best known for its cutaneous and ocular pathologies.
- EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- To create an account for contributing to EyeWiki, please visit the getting started page. Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Note from the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Don't forget to familiarize yourself with the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.
Section Lead Editors
- Cataract/Anterior Segment
- Alpa S. Patel, M.D.
- Cornea/External Disease
- Vatinee Bunya, MD
- Ahmad A. Aref, MD
- Andrew Go Lee, MD
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Todd Mondzelewski, MD
- Pediatric Ophthalmology/Strabismus
- Monte A Del Monte, MD
- Refractive Management/Intervention
- Majid Moshirfar, M.D.
- Jennifer I Lim MD
- Russell W. Read, MD, PhD