Welcome to EyeWikiTM, the Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons.
EyeWiki is an ophthalmic wiki where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view an eye encyclopedia written by ophthalmologists covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist, or ophthalmologist in training, is invited to contribute content to the wiki and post it immediately. For content guidelines and more information see About EyeWiki and Getting Started. EyeWiki is a collaboration between the American Academy of Ophthalmology and these societies.
Residents and Fellows-in-Training, Win a Trip to the Academy’s 2015 Mid-Year Forum
If you’re currently a resident or fellow-in-training in the United States, contribute a new, high-quality, article to the site before December 1 for a chance to win a trip to the Academy’s 2015 Mid-Year Forum. Visit the contest page for details. Thank you to all of the ophthalmology residents and fellows in training who helped EyeWiki grow over the past years.
These four winners have won all-expenses-paid trips 2014 Mid-Year Forum in Washington, D.C. for their outstanding contributions to EyeWiki.
- Dilraj S. Grewal, MD, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine: Ocular ischemic syndrome
- Yasser M. Elshatory, MD, PhD, Dean McGee Eye Institute: Albinism
- Sanket U. Shah, MD, Indiana University: Vitreomacular traction syndrome
- Manik Goel, MD, Washington University in St. Louis: Femtosecond lasers and laser assisted in situ keratomileusis (LASIK)
- EyeWiki Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- To create an account for contributing to EyeWiki, please visit the getting started page. Unsure which articles are needed? Check the list of suggested topics.
- Note from the Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Editor-in-Chief: Don't forget to familiarize yourself with the EyeWiki copyright rules before posting new content.
Become a fan of EyeWiki on Facebook and stay informed about what's new.
Aaron M. Miller, M.D.
Brad H. Feldman, M.D.
Alpa Patel, M.D.
Penny Asbell, M.D.
Sarwat Salim, M.D.
Edmond J. FitzGibbon, M.D.
Marcus Marcet, M.D.
David J. Wilson, M.D.
K. David Epley, M.D.
Natalie Afshari, M.D.
Vinay A. Shah, M.D.
Russell W. Read, M.D., Ph.D.