Welcome to EyeWiki
The Eye Encyclopedia written by Eye Physicians & Surgeons
EyeWiki is where ophthalmologists, other physicians, patients and the public can view articles written by ophthalmologists, covering the vast spectrum of eye disease, diagnosis and treatment. Any qualified ophthalmologist or ophthalmologist in training is invited to contribute content to the wiki.
Featured Article for May 14, 2021
Once a patient decides on monovision, the next important step which must be done on all patients unless they already employ monovision with contact lenses, is a monovision contact lens trial. Once dominance has been ascertained, the patient is fitted with soft contact lenses. The patient dominant eye is set for emmotorpia and the nondominant eye is set for myopia. If a patient has never worn contact lenses, than they are placed in their eyes and sent out for the day to experience monovision. At the end of the day, they return to have their contact lenses removed. A patient who already wears contact lenses, has the ability to try monovision for longer periods of time if needed.
- Access EyeWiki on the new AAO Ophthalmic Education App.
- Academy CEO, David Parke, MD, presents a perspective in EyeNet: EyeWiki, Do you Wiki?
- 2021 International Ophthalmologists contest is now open. Contribute to EyeWiki before June 2, 2021, for a chance to win online products from the Academy. Winners will also be considered for presenting their work at the AAO Annual Meeting.
- 2021 Residents and Fellows Contest is now open. U.S. residents and fellows can take advantage of a phenomenal online publishing opportunity and win an all-expenses-paid trip to the Academy’s Mid-Year Forum in Washington, DC. Submit by Dec. 1 (midnight, Pacific Time) for a chance to attend the Mid-Year Forum 2022.
- Former EyeWiki Editor-in-Chief, Brad Feldman, MD, discusses the thinking behind the EyeWiki initiative with the American Medical Association Journal of Ethics.
- Cat Nguyen Burkat, MD FACS
- Deputy Editor-in-Chief
- Jennifer I Lim MD
- Past Editor-in-Chief
- Marcus Marcet, M.D.